Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Drew and I had decided to have a pretty chill Valentine's day. We are broke, so we agreed a long time ago to not do any gifts this year. Earlier this week, we also decided to just have dinner in as well. 

When I woke up this morning, a chair was out with a note taped to it. It said a lot of sweet things that I won't type on here, but it also said that I needed to be ready for our dinner reservation by 4:30. (um, hello! We said no dinner plans! He doesn't listen very well.)

Later on, Drew texted me that I needed to dress nice, and that he was wearing a tie. (This NEVER happens, people!) 

A huge bag of all my goodies from my kiddos!

So when I got home, I changed clothes and got ready for our evening. I kept saying that we shouldn't go, as we REALLY don't have the money. He kept insisting that we are fine, and that he doesn't show me enough how much he appreciates me, and one night wouldn't hurt anything. I'm not sure where he comes up with this stuff- he shows me ALL THE TIME. 



I busted out my new chevron dress, leggings, and black boots. I was freezing so that scarf/shawl was handy! 

We dove a while and he (of course) wouldn't tell me where we were going. He even drove to a few wrong places before we arrived at our destination. A yummy italian restaurant that I bug him about going to all the time! 

Some people expect roses or chocolates, and that is wonderful. Flowers aren't for me. I'm pretty practical, and I find them to be a waste of money. They just die! Chocolate is great too, but I get lots from my kids each year, and I (obviously) don't need any more! It means the most to me when Drew takes the initiative and plans something, all on his own. 

It really was a perfect evening! 

 Then, we got home to find this. 

 Thanks for making our Valentine's day complete, Jeffrey! 

post signature