Thursday, February 7, 2013

Turkey Meatballs

I have just gotten comfortable. Dinner is done, dishes are put away, and I am snuggled up in a soft fleece blanket with my laptop and my dog. I have just opened up a window to type this blog, when I hear a flush. A few beats later I hear, "HONEYYYY!!!" I hate that word. Don't get me wrong, I love when my husband uses it endearingly or in normal conversation. But when it comes right after that flush, I know what is coming. 

I decide to be wife of the year and ignore. 
Jeffery and I are not amused.

A few beats later, "HONEYYYY!! I NEED TOILET PAPER!!!" He knows I can hear that one. So, I sigh and get off my lazy behind to grab my husband some tee pee. I grab a small 4 pack, plug my nose, puff out my cheeks, and bravely venture into our bedroom. I open the door to the bathroom, and he laughs at my face. Really?! I bring the TP and he laughs at my effective stink avoiding face?! 


Please tell me I am not the only one. 

Anywho- back to the previously scheduled program. I had such a good food day today. Stayed under calories, got a little workout in (more on that later), didn't ruin my eating at a baby shower, and stayed in my plan. 

For dinner I made turkey meatballs. I make these lots, and just throw in whatever I have on hand. Tonight I had some leftover garlic cloves that needed to be used up, and some shallots. I've made them with taco seasoning, onion soup mix, and lots of other flavors. These are fun to make in the summer when I have fresh herbs on hand. I had to look back to double check that I haven't posted this recipe already. I make it all the time- so I was a bit surprised it wasn't here yet! 
Turkey meatballs, green beans, and 1/2 a sweet potato

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey
1/4 cup oats
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon shallots, minced
pepper
season salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Very lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix the ingredients lightly (don't overmix!) and roll into 12 balls. Bake at for 30 minutes. 


Nutrition:
                                                   Calories       Carbs       Fat               Protein             Sodium
Total:81017381021881
Per Meatball:68139157


post signature