Friday, February 8, 2013

Warmer weather causes poor decisions

As I was walking to my car after work yesterday, I was hit by the realization that I wan't cold. At all! I couldn't even see my breath. This meant one thing= RUNNING OUTSIDE!!!!

I got home as fast as I could and put all my running junk on. I quickly messaged a friend of mine to ask if she wanted to meet me during the run. She passed, and I am so thankful now that she did. It would have been quite embarrassing.

I. Died.


This was a before/after shot of the temperature before I ran. I was so excited about it being in the 40s so I took a picture. It proved helpful while writing this.

This was me before-

Notice the clean shoes.
Mid stretch, before the run
This was me after.


SOAKED shoes

boo.


 My run started out really well! I was running a 9.5 min/mile pace, which is really fast for me. Right at the .5mile mark, my lungs stopped functioning. I started hacking and trying to breathe, and had to stop running. After .5 mile.

I continued walking/running for about 1.5 miles, and quit.



Yep. I rode the the struggle bus all the way home.  What had started at a 41-42 degree tempature, had suddenly dropped to 37.


Will I ever run outside when it's still that cold ever again?
!!!!!





Anywho. 


Deserae over at Going With The Flow asked me to link up as part of her Fitness Friday post! This is a fitness, health, weight-loss, and everything related in between. Link up your weigh-ins, your healthy recipes, your work outs, and any other fitness related posts.
 







Don't forget to check out some of the other blog links! 


And now a question for you all. What do you like/dislike reading? What are your favorite/least favorite posts? I would love to get some input on what you enjoy reading the most!

post signature