Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Katz Gluten Free Baked Goods


Hi everyone! I wanted to share a new resource I found for gluten free items. I wasn't paid to do this review. I simply want to share an awesome resource for any of you that are gluten free. a friend shared this website with me, and I am super impressed. Katz has some delicious gluten free items that you can have shipped to your door.

When I was first checking out the website, I discovered that you can order a free sample box, which includes many of their items. You have to pay a very small shipping fee, but for a very small fee you get many items to try. I placed my first order on Monday, and the box was waiting for me when I got home on Wednesday. My first box was damaged, and a few items inside crumbled as a result of UPS's poor handling. I contacted Katz and they sent me a replacement box immediately. That's amazing customer service! The sample pack included:

  • 1 slice of whole grain bread
  • 1 slice of white bread
  • 1 slice of challah bread
  • 1 powdered donut
  • 1 chocolate cupcake
  • 1 english muffin
  • 1 cookie
  • 1 rugelah (similar to a cinnamon roll)
  • 1 slice of marble cake 

My favorite item from the sample box was the chocolate cupcake. I've only tried one box mix for cake, but it was disgusting. This cupcake tasted amazing, and had the perfect chocolately taste I was craving.

I can see myself ordering baked goods to keep on hand for special occasions, or for holidays when I know I am going to miss out on something like pie. This definitely will not be a weekly or even monthly purchase, but stocking up on special items may be a good idea (especially because orders of $50 or more are shipped free).

I hope you or someone you know that is gluten free find this helpful! I was very grateful to find this website.
post signature