Friday, October 3, 2014

A new post? Whaaat?


I know. It's been awhile. Almost six months, to be exact. To be honest, I wasn't exactly sure if I would be back here again. Six months ago, this space didn't feel right for me. Constantly writing about weight loss, healthy living, and everything in between became a chore. No longer interested in writing about healthy living, made writing about eating, weight loss, and fitness something I dreaded doing. It felt like a chore.  So... I stopped, and took a breather.

Looking to my last post, one can read how I felt change coming. I had been feeling it for a year or so. I wasn't happy in my career, wasn't happy with myself, and felt stuck in almost every way. In the spring of this year, I graduated with my Master's degree.  Soon after, I got a new job. A month ago, we moved. And not soon after that,  I found a new hobby. That's a whole lot of change in just half a year.

Taking some time off helped me to dig deep and really think about what I wanted; in life, in my career, and in this space.  I feel refreshed and refocused, and I believe I now have a clear vision of what I want to accomplish in all aspects of my life. To be honest, it's completely liberating.

Youtube has become a new outlet for me. I adore it. Never would I have planned on making Youtube videos. Even now, typing that out makes me giggle. It happened gradually at first, and has picked up speed the last week or two-the way falling in love with a new project often does. After following different Youtube channels for a year or so, and after months of my husband's encouraging words, I decided to make my own channel.

Most of the YT channels I watch are women that are housewives, stay at home moms, or people that work from home and have more time to create and share. Drew thought that perhaps I could create videos from a different perspective- a women that works full time, with no children. With his confidence in me, I took a giant leap and have fallen in love with the whole process.

So, all that said, I need and want to let you all know that this space will be changing. Not all details are worked out as of yet, but I going to be cleaning this ol' blog up. I may still post healthy living topics from time to time, but that will not be my entire focus.

I would love it if you would come along with me in this new adventure. Like any worthwhile journey, it is bound to have some ups and downs. I would love to have you along for the ride!


Thanks for reading,

post signature